PVcell – software for modeling semiconductor solar cells
Single computations at a given bias provide following characteristics:
- Current density, power, conversion efficiency;
- Band diagram, electric potential, electric field;
- Carrier and ionized impurity concentrations;
- Generation rate, recombination rates (different channels);
- Partial electron and hole current densities.
Single or multiple tunnel junctions can be simulated using theoretical predictions, semi-empirical models, or using measurement data.
Series computations with varying bias can be used to obtain I-V characteristic, conversion efficiency, short-circuit current, open-circuit voltage, and fill factor. Series computations with varying excitation wavelength can be used to find spectral dependencies of IQE and EQE.